A windsock is used to indicate the wind direction and its intensity to helicopter operator. Every heliport must be provided with at least one windsock and if the Landing area is used also for night operations, the windosck must be lighted.
LUXSOLAR heliport windsock, realized as per major international rules, is affixed to a stainless steel frame which rotates at 360° and it can be lit internally using a compact LED light source.
- Designed to be visible from 200m distance
- Available sock colour: orange / white / red&white (stripes)
- Sock material: polyester or nylon, PU coated
- Sock dimensions: 2,4m long x 0,60m mouth diameter x 0,30m tail diameter; other dimension available on request
- Mast material: Stainless Steel
- Collapsible version
- Mast height: 3m (to windsock centerline)
- LED internal white light, available with ATEX or IECEx certificate
- LED top L810 obstruction light (fully ICAO and EASA approved as per EN17025 testing laboratory), available with ATEX or IECEx certificate
- Easy to install