Identification beacon must be used when the aerodrome is not easily identifiable in night by pilots due to high light pollution or in absence of instruments dedicated to the identification of the aerodrome itself.
This beacon is used to specifically identify an airport. The flashes emitted by the light through Morse code identify the ICAO abbreviation of a specific airport (for example, an identification light installed at Rome Fiumicino airport will emit flashes bearing the initials LIRF).
- Based on LED technologies
- Patent (patent achieved with the contribution of Regione Lombardia "Call for bids Research & Innovation_Measure F"): EU 001929910-0001; Canada 145189; USA D673,474; Turkey TR2012 05662
- GREEN light - Flashing
- Intensity: >2.000cd night-mode
- Long life time >10 years life expectancy
- Low consumption
- Lightweight and compact
- Degree of protection: IP66
- Wind resistance tested at 240km/h (150mph)
- Vibration resistance up to: 80m/s2 (10° Mercalli Intensy Scale / 7° Richter Magnitude Scale)
- Easy to install
- No RF radiations
- Stainless steel beacon support bracket
- Flow deflector